SellMyGadget is a comparison website which
helps consumers sell their unwanted electronic devices to popular and
trustworthy recycling companies. It provides an instant comparison of prices
from multiple potential buyers in one place, saving consumers time while giving
them confidence that they will obtain the best price for their device.
The SellMyGadget team have more than 20
years’ experience in the mobile communications industry, We have seen
first-hand how rapidly consumers change their mobile phones, laptops, gaming
consoles and other digital devices. Realising that there is a growing mountain
of unwanted and unused devices, we decided to use our market knowledge,
connections with recycling companies and understanding of relevant regulations
to tackle the issue.
Our solution is to create a one-stop-shop
which brings together consumers with unwanted gadgets and recycling companies,
enabling both parties to obtain the best deal.
SellMyGadget provides multiple benefits:
- consumers obtain money for their unwanted devices, rather than leaving them to sit unused in a drawer or cupboard
- recycling companies obtain electronic deviceswhich they can either repair/refurbish and resell or recycle
- all devices are reused or recycled in linewith UK environmental regulations. All the recyclers on the site are certified
by the Environment Agency and have a commercial Waste Electrical and Electronic
Equipment (WEEE) licence
- if the devices are recycled, the many rare
elements in them are reused, either in new gadgets or in other devices. For
example, the metal tantalum is used in hearing aids and pacemakers as well as
phones, and scientists estimate that tantalum mines could run out within a
- the amount of overall waste material is
reduced. For example, up to 80 per cent of a phone is recyclable.
The site covers a wide range of popular devices and brands, including:
- mobile phones: iPhones, Samsung Galaxy and other Android phones
- desktop computers, laptops and MacBooks
- tablets, including iPad, MediaPad and Galaxy Tab
- smart watches
- gaming consoles, including Xbox, PlayStation and Nintendo
- digital cameras, including SLRs, GoPros and drone cameras.